There are many theories on which therapies best help special needs children become more integrated into society, and through numerous studies, music is proving to be a very effective one.Music is known to be motivating and engaging and can be used as a natural reinforcer for children as studies showed that children appear to be more responsive to the therapist’s requests while music is played. Results demonstrated increased attention to tasks, vocalizations, gestures and vocabulary comprehension, engagement with others and enhanced body awareness and coordination when paired with movement therapy and repetitive training.
The success of music and dance has been documented that they are able to help current and future special needs children. Hence, the pairing of music with movement introduces the music and movement therapy which can bring long-term changes in social behavior and cognitive ability with prolonged use of the therapy.
- The association of music with the stimulation of neural pathways engages the brain with such higher forms of intelligence as abstract thinking, empathy and mathematics.
- Developmentally appropriate music activities involve the body’s urge to move, the brain’s attention to patterns, the ear’s lead in initiating communication, the voice’s response to sounds.
- Memory can be developed through music’s melodic and rhythmic patterns that provide exercise for the brain.
- Music and dance can be a social activity which involves family and community participation and this can improve the social interaction skills of special needs children.
- Music transmits culture where beloved songs, rhymes, and dances can be passed down from one generation to another.
有许多理论可以帮助特殊儿童更好地融入社会。通过大量的研究，音乐被证明是非常有效的。音乐被认为具有激励和吸引力，可以用作天然增强剂。 儿童作为研究表明，儿童在播放音乐时似乎对治疗师的要求更敏感。 结果表明，在与运动疗法和重复训练配对时，对任务，发声，手势和词汇理解，与他人的接触以及增强的身体意识和协调的关注增加。